The government is finalising it’s plans the this year for the Green Deal. The Green Deal is essentially a mechanism for home owners and small businesses to access low cost finance removing the capital cost investment barrier for making your property more energy efficient from loft insulation to the installation of renewable energy technology.
The Green Deal Timeline:
- December 2010 Introduction of Energy Bill to parliament
- Pre-Autumn 2011 Engagement of stakeholders & technical details
- Autumn 2011 formal consultation on secondary legislation
- Early 2012 secondary legislation goes before parliament
- Spring 2012 industry guidance prepared
- Autumn 2012 first green deals appear