Good news for anyone considering installing Solar PV this summer. The government has confirmed that the Feed-in Tariff will stay at its current rate for Solar Panel installations completed before 1st October 2014.
The Feed-in Tariff, which rewards you in quarterly tax-free payments for 20 years for the Solar energy you produce, comes under review every 3 months. At the current rate, our customers are seeing returns of up to 15% from installing Solar Panels so we recommend making sure your system is installed before the end of September if you want to benefit from the current rate.
Feed-in Tariff will change from July for larger commercial Solar PV
The rates below will apply to Solar PV installations completed on or after 1st July 2014 and before 1st October 2014, with the only changes to today’s rates affecting larger commercial systems over 50kW.
- 4kW or less: 14.38p per kWh (unchanged)
- 4 – 10kW: 13.03p per kWh (unchanged)
- 10 – 50kW: 12.13p per kWh (unchanged)
- 50 – 150kW: 10.34p per kWh (down from 10.71p)
- 150 – 250kW: 9.89p per kWh (down from 10.25p)
- over 250kW: 6.38p per kWh (down from 6.61p)
For advice on installing Solar PV this summer please call 0845 371 3181 or find your nearest office.