Thinking of installing an Air Source Heat Pump?
Thanks to the Renewable Heat Incentive, more and more homeowners and businesses are installing Air Source Heat Pumps, reducing reliance on expensive fossil fuels and securing a more sustainable future.
If you are considering installing an Air Source Heat Pump for your home or business, we would advise you to read the list of questions below to make sure your heat pump will live a long, trouble-free life, deliver all the heat you need and reward you with the Renewable Heat Incentive payments you are promised.
If you can answer ?Yes? to all of these questions, you should be confident in the design of your Air Source Heat Pump:
- Have you had a Green Deal Assessment completed by an independent company? This will include an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), which will give you an accurate prediction of your Renewable Heat Incentive payments.
- Has a full room-by-room heat loss calculation been carried out, so that the design of your heat pump will meet 100% of your heating requirements?
- Is your heat pump designed to factor in your local weather data?
- Is your property will insulated and draught-free, suitable for a heat pump?
- Has your heat pump been designed with a base that includes a condensate drain?
- Does the design include filling your central heating system with glycol (anti-freeze) to protect your heat pump during freezing conditions?
- Have you been given the SPF and the star rating for the proposed heat emitters and has this rating and its impact on your RHI payments been explained to you?
- Have any existing radiators been power-flushed to ensure adequate flow rates for your heat pump to operate effectively?
- Has a buffer tank been specified so that your heat pump will work efficiently and has sufficient capacity for its defrost cycles?
- Have flow setters and magnetic filters been specified to make sure your heat pump works well into the future?
EnergyMyWay is MCS accredited for the design and installation of Air Source Heat Pumps as well as Ground Source Heat Pumps, Biomass Boilers, Solar PV and Solar Thermal systems. We install renewable energy for homeowners and businesses from Scotland to Cornwall. For advice or a survey of your property, please call 0845 371 3181 or find your nearest office.